Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Is Here


I have always dreamed of living in snow city which got fulfilled when I moved to Boston. No matter how much it snowed I always yearned for more. The mesmerizing experience I had today made my wish for snow the farthest thing now. I had completely different experience in Harvard Square because weather was pleasant. From last two-three days temperature has risen and it seems finally spring has come.

I could see people talking, laughing, playing music and taking pictures. Today I felt that happiness is infectious because I was happy seeing people around me happy. Deserted Harvard campus was chirpy today. There were so many cute babies running, playing and jumping. I couldn't take my eyes off of a little baby trying to push his stroller. His laughter still resonates in my mind. Stroller which carried him for five months because of cold weather is now being carried by that baby. It was completely an amusing scene. Ingenious Harvard students were seen in groups studying and discussing on stairs. Few were basking in the warm sunshine and reading novels. I noticed one smiling cute young couple sitting on grass back to back and messaging on phone.

I could see bright and cheerful face because people’s faces were no more covered by stole and cap. I am glad that heavy down jacket and winter clothes will now be replaced by light spring and summer clothes. I like observing people’s footwear so now I will get to see strappy sandals and colorful flip-flops instead of boring heavy snow boots. Spring and summer is the best time to enjoy Boston. Desolated city will now again become vibrant and lively and will be embraced by music, street shows, play and food.  Snow laden trees will start to blossom again and revival of greenery will represent the renewal of life in city. Colorful sailing boat in Charles river will enhance its beauty and plenty of runners and cyclist will now be seen on its side  road.

Wish I could have stayed longer at this beautiful place but now time has come to enjoy the last summer of Boston. I just want to capture this beauty in my eyes and cherish it forever.




No comments: