Monday, November 7, 2011

Ever wonder what snow looks like


Snowfall in my hometown(Bihar) is out of the question so since childhood I have been fascinated with snow. Even though I got a chance to visit Kashmir in April but could only see its beauty on the ground. One of my close buddy is from Kashmir and out of inquisitiveness I always used to ask her how does snow look like when it falls. All my inquisitiveness came to an end when for the first time i experienced snowfall in Boston.

I was  bursting with Joy and excitement to experience my first snowfall ever. It was a chilly evening , -7 degree Celsius and i was  freezing inside out. Biting weather's affect came to halt when i saw some white particles was swaying around me. I could no longer control my excitement and looked up in the sky to feel soggy snowflakes on my face and relished its taste when it fell on my tongue. I could notice white snow on my hair and it felt as if white pearl is cozily settling to feel some warmth.

Everything started turning white. It felt as if nature is showering white blanket to make us realize that winter has begun. I started jumping around until i noticed that ground has become slippery and its not safe. With each breathe I could smell, touch, feel the freshly fallen snow. I was so lost in its  tranquility that I simply forgot where was i suppose to go.

Next morning it was bright, clear,  sunny day and when i glanced through my window i could see the entire lane beneath my window , rail tracks, roads were covered with snow. The slanting rooftops glittered with snow as if  now it has become its prized possession. It was beautiful to look at but suddenly thought of sun's ray melting all snow made me gloomy and grumpy.

But i am happy it's just the beginning and there are more to come as winter has finally arrived.

2 comments:

Charlie Roche said...

Hi,
I like to look at photos of snow crystals! Almost as much as I like tutoring for LVM!

Ankita said...

I have great respect for all LVM Tutors. You are doing a great job, I must say.

You are lucky to view it every year in winters too. Isn't it??