Monday, June 13, 2011

I wish I could Fly !!!!!



Succulent Mangoes, toothsome Litchi, watery watermelon, tender coconut water in summer evoke memories of my land. Four months have passed since the day I left India and it seems like four years to me.  I still yearn to escape back and enjoy those lovely moments again.
 
Roadside  evening snacks like Pani poori , Dhabe di Daal, mouth watering gola , Spicy Chat , sugarcane juices with a tinge of mint and lemon, Chaotic market where  bargaining for one rupee is like winning a battle, laughing over pity things for hours , discussing about sari jewellery, fascinating train journey  make me feel nostalgic. There are millions of things I miss here about India.

Summer season is here and I wish I had wings so that I could fly back to my small village in Bihar. I remember every summer I use to visit there and it was quite an invigorating feeling waking up early in the morning with the sound of chirping birds and a sip of Kulhar waali chai.

In summer nothing else comes to mind but Mangoes widely known as King of fruits and it is the only fruit which rules the hearts of one and all in India.  We have wide varieties of mangoes in our village in various flavours and fragrances, beautiful shades of colours and of course the delicious tastes. The joy of consuming the mangoes picked directly from the trees remains unmatched even today and the pure taste it leaves in your mouth is something to be experienced.

How I wish I had wings so that I could fly back and enjoy the divine beauty of my village in the summer!  

2 comments:

sachin said...

TOOOO GOOOD..... Especially the kind off words Selection u have...Simple yet So APT..... Go On Ankita.... U will Certainly Fly.....

Ankita said...

Thank you so much dear...:)