Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hidden Beauty


Yesterday I saw a girl/woman in niqab and I could not take my eyes off her. Her twinkling light blue colour eyes could intoxicate anybody. Her beautiful innocent eyes left me wondering how beautiful she must be under her veil. Suddenly our eyes met and trapped in her gaze I could not stop myself complimenting her pretty eyes.  

Whenever I see a woman surrounded by a black material, curiosity and mystery scampers through my mind.  Who is inside it?? How does she look like?? Is she married or still single?? Which country does she belong to??  This lovely inquisitiveness continues for some time.

I vividly remember how in childhood days I used to wear Burqa made up of scarf just for fun.  I always wondered how it felt to hide your identity. I am quite choosy when it comes to clothes and I feel one good thing about veil is that you don’t have to care what you will wear next day. It also makes you comfortable inside as it prevents from staring eyes of the strange man.

Even though it has many advantages but at times it’s quite uncomfortable in summer. In many conservative societies women are forced to wear burqa. I feel it should not be made compulsory but left at their choice. 

No comments: